Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The National Sales Manager position is responsible for generating group revenue across eight lines of business at multiple resorts. Primary tasks include evaluating, targeting & solicitation of, negotiating and contracting group business opportunities for Vail Resorts’ larger group destinations. Ensure proper and timely turnover to ensure for quality service delivery. The position is tasked with achieving revenue and room night goals across the resorts. Work with the Director of Sales and Revenue Optimization to maximize the revenue potential of each opportunity across multiple lines of business by effectively aligning the customer goals with the appropriate experience. Promote customer retention by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Solicit, close and contract group business using strong negotiating skills and creative selling techniques.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, Tradeshows, etc.
- Develop relationships within the meetings and conventions community to expand customer base for future group business opportunities.
- Work collectively between local and National Sales Teams to ensure the resort needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary.
- Be familiar with the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely turnover of definite business to the Service Team to help ensure quality service delivery.
- Partner with the Service and Operations teams in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customers' expectations.
- Work with the sales teams to evaluate and close the best opportunities based on market conditions and Resort needs.
- Achieve and/or exceed team and individual revenue goals.
- Develop effective, measurable sales plans/actions based on prime time and need times for each location.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance when needed.
- Execute designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Effectively manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative staff.
- Create weekly sales activity reports.
- Comprehend and achieve team and individual goals.
- Contribute to the health and strength of a dynamic team culture.
- Flexible Schedule Necessary.
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred. However, any combination of education and sales training may also be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office mobile devices
- Experience within Salesforce and Delphi FDC is preferred.
- English proficiency
- Ability to work flexible hours
- This position description is not an exclusive or comprehensive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 438953