Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job: The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience. Banquet Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, bartenders are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain great guest relations; interact with guests in a pleasant, but professional manner.
- Greet guests; take beverage orders from the Banquet servers or directly from guests.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and handle high volume service demands.
- Exhibits strong beer, wine, liquor, cocktail and food menu knowledge.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with company standards.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Perform cashier duties: set up cash drawer, take payment, return correct change, and cash out at the end of shift per cash handling procedures.
- Communicates all necessary and important information with F&B team.
- Adhere to all state liquor laws and health regulations.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests, prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. as needed.
- Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and regional information.
- Responsible for set-up and tear-down of satellite bars.
- Collects and polishes all glassware needed for each bar.
- Assists the Banquet Team as needed.
- Assists with the creation of new drink recipes.
- Maintain safe and clean work area (bar top, equipment, and tables).
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Serve wine, liquor, and bottled or draft beer responsibly.
- Intermediate bartending skills.
- Assist other departments, as needed.
- Adhere to and role model the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of Vail Resorts
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Strong communication and team work skills.
- Computer Skill- POS (IG) proficiency
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work.
- Strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Preferred Skills- Possess strong liquor and beer knowledge
- Must demonstrate ability to receive direction and act upon it.
- Weight Lifted- At least 50lbs
- Lifting Frequency- Frequently
- Standing Frequency- Frequently
- Walking Frequency- Frequently
- Reaching – Some of the time
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl- Some of the time
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 188289