Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Catering and Conference Services Manager will plan and service groups and weddings within Breckenridge Resort and Keystone Resort.
- Maximize food and beverage revenue to the Resorts through strong product knowledge, selling skills and client upselling techniques.
- Utilize an in-depth knowledge of all areas of the Resort as well as outside vendors used by the department as related to group functions including the capabilities, procedures, policies and pricing. Maintain professional working relationship with food and beverage managers, departments within the Resorts and outside vendors.?
- Service groups as business levels demand.
- Work with clients to ensure that the function is professionally planned and have contact with client once in house to ensure any requests or problems are resolved.
- Monitor collection of pre-payment for all groups prior to their arrival.
- Keep client aware of time frames for resume/BEOs to be completed, signed and returned 45 days prior to arrival for distribution no later than two weeks out.
- Develop and maintain professionalism with clients, in house departments and vendors, maximizing profitability and guest service.
- Take responsibility to ensure that group leaders are comfortable with the resort and knowledgeable about our product, personnel and responsibilities.
- Catering and Conference Services Manager is required to work all major functions as assigned by the Director of Catering and Conference Services, understanding many events will occur in the evening after hours and on weekends.
- Two years Conference/Catering services management experience including weddings
- Two years hotel/lodging experience
- Delphi.FDC experience
- Strong, effective and timely verbal and written communications skills
- Good listening abilities
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow multiple SOPs
- Ability to stay organized while managing multiple groups simultaneously, sometimes a few per week
The budgeted range starts at $45,000-$55,250. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 288267