Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Fulltime
The PeopleSoft HRMS Developer will design, develop, and unit test PeopleSoft changes across the HR, payroll, time and labor, and benefits administration modules. This includes working closely with business partners, systems analysts, DBAs, and other IT teams. Additional responsibilities are not limited to but include:
- Create and format complete technical documents from existing functional specifications using existing standards and templates.
- Participate in analysis, design, development and implementation of computer software applications in the areas of PeopleSoft HCM.
- Maintain and customize PeopleSoft Human Resources, Benefits Administration, Time and Labor and Payroll.
- Detailed technical knowledge and ability to write and execute robust unit testing scripts.
- Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
- Proactively contribute to technical discussions and decision making. Identify technical problems and define solutions.
- Research, analyze, and apply PeopleSoft bundles and upgrades.
- Open to learning open source technologies and integration practices that may include SOA, .net, and Java.
- Partner with the business and systems analysts to understand the application functionality, support fit/gap assessments and develop technical solutions to support business processes.
- Participate and contribute to the analysis and implementation of industry wide research. Participate in vendor and solution evaluation processes.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the HR Technology space.
- Adhere to standard software development lifecycle methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently and provide suggested priorities to supervisor.
- Actively participate and take personal ownership in career through self-assessments, mid-year and annual reviews, goal setting and performance management.
- Consistently demonstrate analytical thinking both through verbal and non-verbal communications that is consumable by peers and management.
- Improve quality through root cause analysis and prevention, track and monitor change induced incidents and make recommendations toward continual improvement.
- Awareness and support of industry and strategic direction.
- Degree in Business Administration, IS, CS, or equivalent experience.
- 2 + years of PeopleSoft HRMS technical development experience.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS.
- Strong background in PeopleSoft HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, and Time and Labor.
- Experience in core PeopleSoft development languages of SQR, Application Engine, Data Mover, Query, Process Scheduler, Application Designer, and PeopleCode.
- Preferred additional experience using Component Interfaces, Integration Broker (Application Messaging), Business Interlinks, COBOL, Change Assistant, Tree Manager, Security Administration, Workflow, XML Publisher, Self-Service, Portal integration, PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM), Guided Self-Service (GSS), Fluid Development
- Must work well with other team members and actively participate in team meetings.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 189291