Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Senior Manager of Health and Safety will set the strategy; lead and plan all aspects of Health and Safety at their resort location. This position will work closely with Health and Safety leadership, resort operations, and corporate leadership to create, build, implement and sustain a Health and Safety culture that achieves world class safety performance. This position will collaborate cross functionally to ensure safety programs are properly vetted, dynamic, on schedule and within budget. This position will work and collaborate with external partners, community leaders, and regulators in supporting the resort as well as the Company’s core value of Be Safe.
- Drive, influence, and support the Company’s Health and Safety strategy to achieve world class Health and Safety performance within the travel and leisure industry.
- Be an unbiased leader and voice for resort leadership so they understand the risks and opportunities to drive, improve, and then maintain superior safety performance.
- Advise and support the resort COO/GM and all operations including but not limited to: Mountain Division, Hospitality and VRR.
- Have a deep understanding of the core business needs and in doing so adjust safety strategy to the business.
- Use historic, current and predictive safety metrics to inform adjustments/decisions.
- Proactively address compliance and regulatory safety as well as risk management trends and regulatory focus areas.
- Engage with local, state and federal officials as necessary to support Health and Safety Compliance and best practices.
- Lead resort safety programs.
- Communicate across a variety of stakeholders in a matrix environment.
- Manage and execute projects according to plan within timeline and budget.
- Identify and develop talent on the Health and Safety Team.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years’ experience working in Health and Safety
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including project management software, Visio
- Proven experience leading a team to achieve objectives and results in a matrixed environment
- Experience analyzing, and advising on safety data analytics
- Experience leading and implementing change
- Experience accomplishing objectives through others
- Degree in Health and Safety related field
- Supervisory experience
- Professional certification in safety, health or environmental e.g. CSP, ASP, REHS
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices including Behavior Based Safety
The budgeted range starts at $73,000 - $88,950 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 420211