We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Why you’ll love working as a Bike Guide:
- Outside everyday with breath-taking views from your office!
- Sharing your knowledge and passion for riding with our guests
- Gain valuable work experience and transferable skills
- Numerous opportunities for career advancement
- Meet great people and make life-long friends!
Position Status: Full Time (30-40 hours/week) Seasonal, Hourly. Seasonal positions can be differentiated from year round jobs as they have predefined start and end dates. These dates may vary due to seasonal business fluctuations.
Job Summary: You will be responsible for providing a safe, fun and memorable learning experience for children ages 3-5.
What you’ll be up to:
- Teaching children how to bike from run bikers to novice riders.
- Striving to exceed our guests' expectations and creating memories on a daily basis.
- Being comfortable working with children ages 3-5 keeping them engaged both on and off the bike.
- Working as a team with other coaches and participating in group activities (eg story time, games at the park etc).
- Following all safety procedures and policies on a daily basis.
- Maintaining your own personal toolkits, first aid packs, and any Whistler Blackcomb owned bikes.
- Learning local trails such as Lost Lake beginner trails.
- Helping the kids boast to their parents about the rad skills they learned during the day.
- Always showing up on time, in uniform, and adhering to the grooming policy
- Demonstrate our core values: safety first, striving to be the best, and showing that we care.
- Level 1 Professional Mountain Bike Instructors (PMBI) course, or equivalent is recommended but not required.
- Should be confident biking Green and Blue cross-country trails.
- Minimum of 1 year working with children aged 3-5.
- Current OFA Level 1 (BC Certified) is mandatory before you start.
- Previous mountain bike instructing or coaching experience is an asset but not required.
- Local trail knowledge is an asset
- Must be able to reason and react quickly with thoughtful judgement, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Proof of clear criminal record check.
Get familiar with our Mini Shredders program...to learn more click here!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 440427