Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
The Housekeeping team is looking for high-energy, detailed and team orientated individuals to help round out our already amazing team. Housekeepers work to ensure Kirkwood properties are clean and orderly for guest arrival and stay.
The Housekeeper responsibilities at Kirkwood Resort Lodging include, but are not limited to:
- Comply with cleaning standards to ensure that the room has been thoroughly organized, clean & sanitized before new arriving guests stay
- Thoroughly clean bathrooms according to procedure – including scrubbing floors, showers, toilets, and fixtures daily
- Change bed linen and make beds according to procedure- including changing all linens on two queen sized beds per room in each room
- Dust furniture and fixtures in rooms according to cleanliness standards
- Empty wastebaskets
- Replace missing guestroom supplies and clean and re-stock coffee and tea service
- Vacuum guestrooms thoroughly
- Responsible for cleaning assigned rooms daily within allotted time frame and with quick productivity
- Report to housekeeping each morning dressed in the company issued uniform
- Report rooms needing maintenance work
- Carry towels, linens, toiletries and cleaning supplies using a wheeled cart
- Keep storage areas and carts clean, tidy and well stocked
- Respond to guest inquiries with the appropriate answers, find out the answer if you’re unsure and follow up with the guest quickly
- Deliver guest requested supplies to the correct room number in a timely manner
- Understand and uphold the brand standards of Vail Resorts while cleaning
- Have daily inspections of your rooms made by management and ensure that all cleanliness standards are met, go back and make corrections if standards are not met
- Expected to finish all of your rooms before 4pm in the same day to ensure that all rooms are ready for arriving guests at the front desk
- Must be able to work outside in all conditions
- Other duties as assigned
The Housekeeper position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Previous hotel/hospitality experience – Preferred
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English – Preferred
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Ability to perform well under pressure – Required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs - Required
- Attention to detail - Required
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 214348