Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Applications are still being accepted in anticipation of opening our resorts for the summer season, contingent on our ability to resume operations.
Bike Academy Coach – PT Seasonal – Northstar California
- As a bike instructor you will have the opportunity to introduce the public to downhill mountain biking in a safe and enjoyable way. Safety above all else is the most important factor when conducting bike tours or giving instruction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adherence to Resort and Department Guidelines, Best Practices.
- Compliance with Uniform and Grooming standards.
- Compliance with department guidelines for schedules and assignments.
- Maintains and enhances a guest focused culture in all areas of responsibility.
- Accept assignments as they pertain to a Guest Focused department.
- Assist in all operational responsibilities of the programs including but not limited to registration, equipment, outdoor teaching areas, cleanliness of facilities, surface lifts, and all other facets of the programs as they exist.
- Responsible for the overall safety of class participants.
- To further promote and act as a role model in the area of the responsibility code, safety and risk awareness as prescribed by resort's safety policies.
- To be familiar with and adhere to the policies and procedures of the resort Handbook and the Best Practices of the Department.
- Assist the biking public whenever possible.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- Intermediate riding ability
- Professional attitude and presentation
- Good interpersonal skills and presence in a group environment
- Strong safety and risk management awareness and skills
- Good knowledge of the trails at Northstar Bike Park
- A basic knowledge of bike mechanics
Professional coaching experience and certifications welcomed but not necessary.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 212271