Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Building Maintenance Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Building Maintenance and Village Operations. The Manager is responsible for maintaining resort facilities, ground maintenance and the base area villages with particular attention towards safety, asset protection and guest experience. This role requires strong business acumen, strategic planning, and team leadership & development skills.
- Oversee, schedule, and direct the work of any teams assigned.
- Oversee and direct facility and asset maintenance to ensure safe and successful operations.
- Oversee and direct ground maintenance, including snow removal, landscaping.
- Manage work orders in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Assist in managing all financial results including purchasing, forecasting, P&L statements, payroll, budgeting and scheduling.
- Manage capital projects including re-imagine initiatives, facility innovations, and preventive maintenance.
- Participate in Vail Resorts Best Practice Groups, leadership team meetings, and resort & company events.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing, scheduling, disciplinary action & the separation of employees.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally to staff and guests. Respond and engage to internal and external customer suggestions, complaints and recognition.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations for Vail Resorts and Park City Mountain.
- Create and maintain a productive, safe work environment, including implementing and retaining all company mandated safety-related training and assessment.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- Maintain resort fire & life safety systems (e.g. fire systems, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
- Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
- Deliver the “Experience of a Lifetime” to our guests and employees.
- Hold yourself and our team accountable for living our company core values; Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun, Be Inclusive.
- Conduct regular meetings (individual and group) with team members to establish goals, review performance and provide organized communications.
- Strong focus on leadership development of self and team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in facility maintenance operations with at least 2 years in a management role
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver high quality results
- Ability to create schedules and assign work tasks
- Demonstrated ability to develop and handle departmental budget
- Strong ability to train employees to set safety and service standards
- Passion for the snow sports industry – Required
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required
- MS office proficiency – Required
- Strong oral and written communication and teamwork skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to ensure: teamwork, high level guest contact, fact finding for appropriate decision making, commitment to guest service and employee relations
- Must demonstrate ability to receive and give feedback and act upon it
- Experience leading direct reports with a focus on leadership and career development
- Experience managing and fostering cross-functional relationships
- Experience managing external vendors
- General contractor license – preferred
- Ability to manage large capital projects and programs
- Weight Lifted – At least 50lbs
- Lifting Frequency – Some of the time
- Standing Frequency – Frequent
- Walking Frequency – Frequent
- Reaching – Some of the time
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl – Some of the time
- Skiing/riding ability – Intermediate level or higher
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 316587