Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Homeowner Staff Accountant will be key member of the accounting team responsible for maintaining accurate financial reporting for Homeowner Associations handled by Vail Resorts. Responsibilities include journal entry preparation, balance sheet and bank account reconciliation, monthly financial statement reporting, and annual budget preparation. The homeowner accounting team communicates with various departments including property managers, lodging operations, and shared services accounting.
- Journal entry preparation, and comprehensive review and approval of journals prepared by others
- Balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis of monthly fluctuations
- Perform billing processes for property management, homeowners, and general corporate business channels
- Support HOA partners with financial analysis, which may include generation and analysis of income statements, budgets, balance sheets and statements of cash flows
- Facilitate and maintain budget upload process for 100 + associations
- Train and support property managers on shared service processes and software, as needed
- Focus on ongoing process improvement, making recommendations and participating/leading initiatives to improve efficiency
- Active participation in driving results to meet individual, team, and department objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 2 + years accounting experience
- Strong accounting/finance knowledge, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience using IQWare, LMS (AS/400), or PeopleSoft – preferred
- Self-starter with a drive for excellence, ability to build strong working relationships, and a proven ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
The budgeted range starts at $40,000-$60,900. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 304474