Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw and expansive…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Starting Wage: As of October 2022, all minimum wages will be $20 an hour
- Shift Availability: Full & Part Time
- Housing: Accepting Applications
The Product Sales Agent will have a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Kirkwood! We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of computer proficiency, have a passion for the outdoors, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work. The Skier Services Product Sales Agent is part of a fun energetic and passionate team that is responsible for delivering outstanding guest service while initiating the sale of Lift Tickets, Season Passes, Ski School Lessons and fulfilling pre-purchased sales orders on the front line at Kirkwood's sales office locations. This position requires the willingness to learn the full breadth of our products and services and the ability to clearly and accurately relay that information to our guests!
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately and efficiently process lift access products while capturing guest data
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service, internally & externally
- Be part of a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, handle concerns and suggestions
- Perform daily sales and closings and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed
- Accurately and consistently collect guest information for data and reporting purposes
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at the same time
- Facilitating lines outside the ticket office, answering guest questions, and helping guests to complete Release of Liability Waivers while in line.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations (indoor & outdoor) of the Skier Services Departments such as Ticket Scanning and Greeter/Host duties
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail
- Perform other duties as appropriate
- Provide the "Experience of a Lifetime" for our Guest and fellow Employees!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work inside and outside, facilitating lines and crowds
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently
- Intermediate or better computer skills. Must be able to use mouse, keyboard (25WPM), and learn new software. Should have basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products
- Fun, outgoing personality traits
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with clients
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software
- Previous guest service experience
- College Degree
- Sales experience
- Outdoor Enthusiasts
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted coupons for friends and family
- Shuttle bus from S. Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood
- Discount with select industry manufactures
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
- On site medical clinic with benefits for employees
- Job Share opportunities to work more hours if needed
- Carpool Incentive program
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 444307