Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Do you believe in the “the customer is always right” mentality? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park, ensuring that each of our guests has an Experience of a Lifetime? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Front Desk Associate is responsible with the use of a computer system (Visual One), courteously provides legendary hospitality experience while performing check in’s and out’s. They will also maintain all guest accounts/folios so they are accurate. They will provide guests with knowledgeable and accurate information of Grand Teton National Park along with the surrounding areas. They will balance all accounting work at the end of each shift. Equally as important, they are here to have some fun too!
This is a summer position. Our season typically runs from May through early October with some roles starting early June. Candidates must be available to work until the end of the season.
The Front Desk Associate responsibilities at Jackson Lake Lodge include, but are not limited to:
- Must consistently provide legendary hospitality experiences to internal and external guests
- Warmly greets all guests and visitors as they arrive at the Front Desk or pass through the lobby
- Registers guests and processes necessary paperwork, obtaining credit card and posting of cash payments
- Performs checkouts; obtaining final payment and completes check out in hotel computer system
- Provides guests with information on hotel and facilities upon guest check-in, answer general questions
- Makes change and cashes checks as requested by guest; post charges to guest accounts and master folios promptly and accurately
- Takes reservations for same day arrivals.
- Prepares keys for incoming tours from list provided by Front Office Manager. Prepares folios for departing tours and tour directors
- Coordinates special requests for rollaway and cribs; notifies the switchboard operator and/or Maintenance Department of any items or housekeeping complaints
- Works with the bell staff to provide luggage service to guests
- Notifies Housekeeping of guest checkouts, room changes, updated room status, and unexpected stay-overs in a timely fashion
- Records guest comments or complaints, referring to the managers as necessary
- Assist with operating the main switchboard (PBX) as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
The Front Desk Agent position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience in a front desk position – Preferred
- Previous hotel/hospitality experience – Preferred
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English - Required
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Ability to perform well under pressure - Required
- Valid US Driver’s License – Preferred
- Knowledge of a property management system (Visual One desirable)
Before you apply, visit http://www.gtlc.com/employment for detailed information about housing and other information you will find helpful.
Come capture the “Spirit of the Tetons” in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more. We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 303309