Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Mt. Brighton Snowmaking Team is looking for enthusiastic and outdoor oriented individuals to spend the winter outside with us. Snowmakers will produce machine made snow, while striving for quality, safety, and efficiency to ensure an exceptional experience for our guests. Snowmakers will assist in the production of a suitable snow surface by utilizing snow guns and snow transportation vehicles.
- Responsible for assisting the crew leader in the safe and efficient preparation, operation and breakdown of snowmaking guns, hoses and equipment.
- Adheres to all snowmaking policies, safety guidelines and best practice procedures at all times.
- Conduct visual inspections and routine maintenance of snow guns and hoses.
- Support the snowmaking team in ensuring the highest quality of manmade snow.
- Will be required to work outside in all weather conditions, either on the overnight shift or the day shift.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduation or equivalent – Preferred
- Must have valid Driver’s License – Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age – Required
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required
- Must be willing to climb towers without fear of heights – Required
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for up to 8 hours - Required
- Possess mechanical and hydraulic knowledge – Preferred
- Ability to work well with others while maintaining a positive attitude
- Self-starter with the ability work independently or in a small team to accomplish daily tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form (in English) including communicating on the mountain radio
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including: Shovel and rake snow surfaces, perform in elongated exposure to cold, hike up and around the ski hill, lift up to 75 lbs, and carry up to 50 lbs.
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 343268