If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Skill Level: Certified Level 1
- Starting Wage: As of October 2022, all minimum wages will be $20 an hour.
- Shift Availability: Full & Part Time
We are looking for certified ski/snowboard instructors to come and work in the California sunshine for the season. Our level 1 instructors teach beginners and intermediates, children and adults, group and private lessons all in a fun, safe and engaging environment. We offer a sunny and relaxed environment with (usually) copious amounts of snow, the season typically starts at the end of November and runs through the middle of April. Our guests come from all over California, the US, Central and South America with all the diversity that brings. You will be working with an equally diverse group of people from all over the world. We would love you to come and share your passion for the mountains, skiing/riding and providing “an experience of a lifetime” with all our guests.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest quality of ski/snowboard instruction to guests of all ages based on guests individual needs and experience level in a safe and engaging manner.
- Uphold all Vail Resorts vision, mission and values, company and department specific policies, procedures and instructions.
- Arrive fit for work and take responsibility for your personal health and safety as well as adhere to all Vail Resorts’ safety policies including wearing an approved Snowsports helmet whilst teaching.
- Pursue ongoing professional training and development and maintain currency in qualification to provide high-level guest service and a safe and positive snow experience.
- Communicate clearly in a respectful and enthusiastic manner using language appropriate to our guests.
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work in full uniform with an enthusiastic attitude in all weather conditions.
- Demonstrate proactive and positive communication when engaging with the supervisory team, have an attitude that is cooperative and supportive to facilitate teamwork and cooperation.
- Be willing to step in and help out throughout the guest journey while in the Ski and Ride School including; check in, rentals, meeting and greeting guests at line up.
- Be willing to step in and help out anywhere around the resort that needs your help and support
- High school or equivalent education.
- Experience working in a guest service orientated position.
- Current PSIA/AASI level 1 certification.
- Basic computer knowledge to check your schedule, enter your time etc.
- Must be fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Must be willing to work with guests of all ages including children.
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends.
- Must work well in a team.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge of Heavenly.
- The ability to speak Spanish.
- The ability to teach another discipline (skiing or snowboarding).
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 443384