We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Do you love to cook? Do you love to cook with fantastic ingredients? Allie’s Cabin may be the place for you. We are looking for experienced cooks to join an established culinary team. As a member of the team, you will be held responsible for maintaining our high standards of food quality and service. Working at Allie’s Cabin means taking pride in the food you place on a plate. It means working within an established and professional culinary team. And it means working at the top of your game.
Allie’s Cabin functions as a private club restaurant by day and caters to an elite clientele in the evenings. Our menus involve extensive scratch cooking with top shelf ingredients. Menus range from classic “club fare” at lunch to custom dishes created for our exclusive wine dinner series.
The Intermediate level Cook is an experienced cook with a positive work ethic and general kitchen knowledge, who is career-oriented, dedicated to learning, and active. Understands the importance of standards, speed, and quality. Works under the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to prepare and cook the necessary quantities of food and carry out established quality standards. Possesses general knowledge of cooking techniques and practices. The Intermediate Cook is proficient in most positions in the kitchen and may be required to learn additional positions as needed.. Ability to work off prep list and complete station setup in time allotted, fabricate items to standard during service and complete prep list for next service period. Must be able to communicate clearly with front of house staff to ensure that customer needs are met. Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - required
- Able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs- required
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience - required
- Must have a positive work ethic- required
- Able to work in a hot kitchen environment for up to 8 hours during a shift - required
- Able to give and receive oral direction in a loud kitchen environment - required
- Able to work weekends and holidays as necessary - required
- Advanced knowledge of proper cutting techniques, kitchen safety and sanitation - required
- Able to work standing on feet for at least 8 hours at a time - Required
- Culinary Degree - preferred
The budgeted range starts at $17.00-$19.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 346327