Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for an enthusiastic and motivated senior developer to join the Rental Application Development team. Our team is responsible for the development and maintenance of a suite of custom applications, modern web apps, and internal APIs that integrate our custom platforms with 3rd party systems.
You could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working as part of a highly-collaborative team
- Are comfortable writing code for multiple languages and platforms
- Take ownership of solution designs and architectural decisions
- Can troubleshoot, determine root cause, and take ownership for resolving code issues
- Have a passion for learning new technologies and improving processes
- Have fun solving complex problems that require learning something new
We have a relaxed work environment, with a close-knit, energetic team. Our team is located in Broomfield, CO but we support over 250 retail locations in the US and Canada, so the ability to work effectively with people across different locations is critical.
- Collaborate on the creation of business and functional requirements and lead the development of technical requirements for projects and enhancements
- Ensure solutions are architected in a forward looking manner aligned with our multi-year roadmap
- Follow the appropriate SDLC for configuration and development changes, adhering to all appropriate controls and provide technical support as needed
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve development standards within Vail Resorts Rental’s technology ecosystem
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities to evolve our applications to support business objectives
- Provide technical operational support and investigate faults in production systems to guide business analysts in developing requirements to address them
- Work closely with managers, developers, business analysts, business stakeholders, contract developers and consulting partners on the development and support of projects and enhancements
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years minimum application development experience in one of the following: C#, C/C++, Java
- 3 years minimum experience working with relational databases at an enterprise scale
- 2 years minimum experience with Scrum/Agile software development methodology
- Experience working with user interfaces in the Windows stack (Visual Studio, C#, .NET, WPF, UWP)
- Team player who can drive software design discussions
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Any experience with the following is a plus:
- Experience with React and/or Angular highly desirable
- Using Git for source control
- The Atlassian product suite: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket
- Enterprise software on an International scale
- Experience integrating custom software with third party applications
- Ski resort or hospitality field
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 213389