Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road. We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
The Bell Staff has a primary focus on providing courteous, efficient, and knowledgeable service to all guests visiting or staying at The Grand Lodge Hotel. They are to be prompt with luggage assistance and prepared for any incoming tours or groups. Equally as important, they are here to have some fun too!
The Bell Staff responsibilities at the Grand Lodge or The Lodge at Mountaineer Sqaure include, but are not limited to:
- Act as an ambassador to our guests and be able to create a positive first experience as well as last when they depart
- Expected to assist as guests drive up with car doors and luggage needs
- Accompanies guests to room with luggage
- Provides information to guests on all facilities and activities
- Explains operation of equipment in guestrooms such as heater controls, ceiling fans, wifi.
- Performs room checks for occupancy
- Completes room moves for the guest
- Stores luggage for guests
- Handles receiving and delivering of guest packages
- Keeps supplies stocked at bell desks
- Pick up and deliver guest laundry
- Provides room service for liquor and ice
- Maintain cleanliness of bell desk, bell closet and vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
The Bell Staff position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- Valid US driver’s license - Required
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English - Required
- Strong communication skills - Required
- Ability to perform well under pressure - Required
- Friendly, courteous, engaging and passionate - Required
- The ability to relate well to guests and employees - Required
- Bell/Guest service experience – Preferred
- Strong working knowledge of computers – Preferred
- Cash handling – Preferred
- Knowledge of Crested Butte, CO - Preferred.
The budgeted range starts at $15.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 391212